Monday, August 8, 2011

Sleek Caribbean Collection - Aruba (Blush)

This is the first Sleek product I've ever owned so I was definitely excited about that! After all the the hype around the Sleek blushes, I had to get my hands on one of the blushes! Thanks to my cousin in London, she sent me two of the blushes. I will be reviewing the other one in a separate post. There's a long story to go along with it. Sad story, that is.

On with the review!

From Sleek Makeup’s website:
Aruba blush provides the ultimate colour of paradise, sweep on lightly for a tropical wash of coral or layer to build an intense holiday hue.



One thing is for sure: Aruba looks SCARY in the pan! When I asked my cousin to get it for me, she's like, "You know, it's ORANGE! I tried it on and it looked horrendous." She's fairly light skinned, and I'm sure she just didn't apply it right. The thing with this blush is because it is a matte, orange-colored blush, you need to apply with a light hand. I just lightly dabbed by brush into the pan and that was enough! Of course, you can build up the color, but you can't tone it down. Well, you could remove all your makeup and start over again, but who has time for that?

It is slightly powdery, but then again, it's a powder blush. You can't go wrong for the price though!



I really wanted this color because it was the only bam-in-your-face orange blush I've seen after NARS Taj Mahal! And truthfully, I don't have money for that blush right now. And plus, I don't wear makeup out in public so it's kind of pointless spending twenty-something dollars on a blush. (I like experimenting with makeup at home, not much of a public makeup wearer.) However, I think that blush is gorgeous as well and plus, it's shimmery, not matte. I have a friend who owns it, so maybe I can ask her if I can swatch it for a comparison.

Also, in comparison to the NARS blushes, Sleek blushes give you 50% more product for a fraction of the price. It retails for £4,29 or $6.50. You can purchase Sleek products online at: www.sleekmakeup.com or at any Superdrug (for you lucky people who have access to one!). This one is a limited edition blush, so get it while you can! Also, you can get a 20% off coupon from the Sleek Facebook page!

6 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty color. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have a friend who has NARS Taj Mahal", lol!! Ajao swatch kernay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt gorgeous and great i like it alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour!! Nice review.

    http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/ is my blog. I invite u to visit it. If you like it, do follow. Id be real glad. :)

    ReplyDelete